Thanks very much Paul! That connection string did the trick! Have you got a
reference somewhere for this so i could study up on it? Maybe i should have
searched your site first.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Hastings [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 5:41 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: character sets / MySQL / CFMX

> MySQL (4.0) with CFMX? I'm trying to get it to work with Western European
> languages, and having a little trouble getting it to render properly.

in your application.cfm
<cfset setEncoding("url","ISO-8859-1")>
<cfset setEncoding("form","ISO-8859-1")>
<cfcontent type="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">

at the top of your cf pages add:
<cfprocessingdirective pageEncoding="ISO-8859-1">

in the advanced option, connection string, for that DSN add:
useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=ISO-8859-1