I don't know, but it's a nasty way to do it.

First of all, you don't need to call every function in the onclick (lowercase, not camelCase). Just send the needed var to a function and go from there.

Secondly, you should not even have cf put onclick inline; just have a class on the nec. menu items, then use js to add the onclick via a getElementsByClassName script. The images can also be background images associated with a class.

See here for some ideas:
http://www.kryogenix.org/code/browser/aqlists/

I understand, however, if you are stuck with a script that's not yours :-(