I'm trying to clean up some old data where they have e.g. the TM symbol
embedded in the data.  The odd thing is that in the Enterprise Manager
when I am editing the field (after doing a show-all) and I change the
TM to ™ I am told:

The value you entered is not consistent with the data type or length of
the column.

Que?  There are no restrictions on the varchar field, there's enough
space for the string, so I'm stumped.

Any suggestions?
--
Damien McKenna - Web Developer - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
The Limu Company - http://www.thelimucompany.com/ - 407-804-1014