From: Mark W. Breneman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 1:18 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Password protect a webservice

Just a FYI for everyone. Looks like passing a user name and password to
the webservice using  <https://bob:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
https://bob:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/getdata.cfc using folder / file security
on the webserver does work with Office XP Web Services Toolkit 2.0.

The only question I have is how does IE latest security "fix" work with
this?  It is my understanding that IE will no longer correctly deal with
the user/pass in the URL.  Cumulative Security Update for Internet
Explorer (832894)", which disables the user:pass@ way of authentication.
Does this
also apply to   Microsoft Office XP Web Services Toolkit 2.0 in this
case MS
access or the VB editor in access?

Mark W. Breneman
-Cold Fusion Developer