In my application a query is executed via cfstoredproc.  This is an
"ad hoc" query, where the user may select a number of columns.  It
works as designed, except when a large number of columns are
selected...say 85 or so.

The actual queries which cause the hang, execute just fine in query analyzer.

The I/O is not that big...maybe 32K or so.

When the query succeeds, JRun spikes for a second or two at 99% the
immediately drops off.  When it hangs JRun pegs at 99%.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.