From: James Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2000 11:30 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Access 97 and 2000

oops, Microsoft strike again :-)

As far as I know there is NO way to get both versions running on the same
machine (thanks Microsoft).

The error you are getting is a cracker, and you will have fun getting rid of
it!  The problem is caused by the fact that Office 2000 does not completely
remove it's self when you uninstall it and your machine is now convinced you
are trying to run the wrong version of the software with the wrong licence.

The only way to solve it is to uninstall both versions of office, then run a
utility provided by Microsoft (see the URL's at the end of the email) to
finish the uninstall for you, then reinstall the version of office you want
to run.

The best way to avoid this problem is not to have ANY version of office on
the server, just install the latest copy of the MDAC (2.5 I think) which
will provide read/write access to all versions of Access databases (but ONLY
if they are not replicable) and do all your modifications on other machines.

Knowledge base articles
-----------------------
Q219423 - OFF2000: How to Completely Remove Microsoft Office CD1
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q219/4/23.ASP?LN=EN-US&SD=g
n&FR=0

Q247684 - OFF2000: How to Completely Remove Microsoft Office CD2
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q247/6/84.ASP?LN=EN-US&SD=g
n&FR=0

Q239938 - OFF2000: Utility to Completely Remove Remaining Office CD1 Files
and Registry Entries
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q239/9/38.asp?LN=EN-US&SD=g
n&FR=0

Q247674 - OFF2000: Utility to Completely Remove Remaining Office CD2 Files
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q247/6/74.asp?LN=EN-US&SD=g
n&FR=0

Hope this little lot helps :)

--
James Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

When God created France he found it so perfect that to comfort those who
couldn't live there, he created the French.