In many cases I have a master form/page with a dozen or so fields.

On the master form/page I also have one or more buttons that call sub-forms/pages for purposes of maintaining multiple records associated with the master form/record (in a one to many relationship).

The question I have is "What is the best practice to use to maintain state in the master form/page while working with the sub-form/pages -- so any changes that have been made in the fields on the master form/page re-appear when the master form/page reloads?

Right now I am using client scoped variables to do the trick to avoid using cflock with session scoped variables.

Is this the best practice or is another approach mo-betta???