I was using 4.0 for quite a while during it's beta run.  It was rock
solid.  Can't speak for 4.1, as I haven't used it at all, but the
MySQL guys seem to do it right.  I wouldn't use it for a mission
critical app, but for internal stuff like a bug tracker, I'd go for
it.  Especially if I knew I was probably going to be using it for
production systems in the future, just to have a chance to play with
it beforehand.

cheers,
barneyb