I have a form where the user can capture a link to a file.

They click on Browse and navigate their network and point to the file they
want to link to. (Bullet Proof browse to the file.)

When the form is submitted I capture the full path to the file with some
_javascript_
kinda thing.

Then I use that full path and store it so that when someone wants to visit
the link they can ... (if they have permissions across their internal
network to open/read the file).

The issue is that even though I am only storing the full network path name
the file is being uploaded and then discarded.

   -- Can this behavior be suppressed?

   -- Is their a way that would suppress it that would not require me to
build an equivalent browse tool that can be used across linux/windows
clients and cfServers?

Thanks again to anyone who knows,
Gonz