I don't use CFSELECT, but when using a regular HTML Select box, the "selected" keyword would go on the <option> tag:

<select name="SelectBox>
    <option value="1" selected> Option 1 is selected

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: CF Coder2
  To: CF-Talk
  Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 1:14 PM
  Subject: CFSELECT selected parameter

  Sorry if this has been discussed but I'm finding that in the following CFSELECT code, the "selected=8" parameter has no bearing on the default pulldown that's selected when the page is visited.  It appears to basically be broken and a useless parameter.  Have others seen this? Or is this a pilot error?

    <cfselect name="selectMon" selected="8" required="yes" message="Please select a month for Call Date">
    <option value="1">Jan</option>
    <option value="2">Feb</option>
    <option value="3">Mar</option>
    <option value="4">Apr</option>