i'm guessing that the primary key of your clients table is clientID...
change it accordingly:

<CFQUERY name="get_tasks" datasource=taskomatic>
SELECT T.taskID, T.taskname, T.status, T.project, P.projectsID,
P.projectname, P.client, C.clientname
FROM tasks T INNER JOIN
            projects P ON T.project = P.projectsID INNER JOIN
            clients C ON C.clientID = P.client
</CFQUERY>

g'luck,

-jc