I've been watching this thread with interest. I use a method of
storing and reusing form data in Fusebox 3, using the querysim custom
tag to create a blank recordset in the attributes scope first, and
then pass the values back using cfmodule if the form needs to be
redisplayed. No shared scope variables are harmed using this method,
and the same form can be used for adds and edits. It could probably be
reworked for use outside of the FB3 framework too. Sample app here:
http://kay.smoljak.com/fusebox-form-reuse.cfm

--
Kay Smoljak
http://kay.smoljak.com/