Since this is going to be considered off topic for this list, it'd be best to reply to me off list unless this sparks an interesting discussion.

I've kind of evolved in being the "person who sets up the SQL servers for new users" as part of my job.  I've managed to muddle my way around and get SQL2000 setup for hosting customers that we develop for and for ones that just use us for hosting.

My question is - what's the best practice for this?  I seem to just a lot of click here, then go back and add user there etc. to get the database setup initially.  I've never been able to find a good resource (web or otherwise) that really addressed SQL 2000 in a "hosting" environment as far as setuping up the user and db, backing up the databases properly, and making sure it's all secure and stable.

Any tips, pointers, step-by-steps etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Steve