I don't think it's the data aquisition that's slow, just the UI.  it
maxed my processor, and was still running well below it's desired
framerate, so it's definitely a proc intensive little movie.  There
isn't actually that much data to gather, when you think about it, and
it's static, so using XML directly would be a cheaper and not
significantly more complex option if they're not running on CF (I
didn't notice).

cheers,
barneyb

--