I have scripts and notes that I would like to be able to organize in a
better fashion.

For example (scripts)

Category: _javascript_
SubCategory: Form Validation
SubSubCategory: Checkboxes
Item: "Is checkbox selected?"

I'm thinking about the following tables:

SCRIPTS
scriptID
scriptText

SCRIPTDISPLAY
scriptDisplayID
scriptID
scriptCategory

The scriptCategory would be a combined number based upon category and
subcategories (tables seen below)

CATEGORY
categoryID
categoryName

(Cold Fusion, PHP, _javascript_)

SUB1
sub1ID
sub1Name

(Form Validation, Browser Detection)

SUB2
sub2ID
sub2Name

(Checkboxes, Textboxes)

An admin screen would pull the categories out and would build the
scriptCategory number
example 002 001 001 001 (_javascript_, Form Validation, Checkboxes, Item)

So a search for this (or any) script would be

SELECT
FROM
WHERE
#LEFT(scriptCategory,"3")# AND
#MID(scriptCategory,"4","3")# AND

If ever I add more subcategories I would only have to add more MIDs and
<cfparam>s.

Now I have more complicated scenarios with notes and cross-referencing --
but this post has become long enough. I'll leave that until later. :-)

thx for any ideas

Gil