Kim,

You will not be able to view these files as CF-served pages, until you
install the Cold Fusion Server that came with your copy of Studio. If you
have a licensing problem, you can download a copy of Cold Fusion Express
for free from the Allaire site and install it, instead. This might be a
better approach if you want to set up your site on internal DNS, since
people elsewhere in your organization could view and execute the files,
also. The version packaged with Studio, although more powerful, can only be
viewed by a single user.

HTH,
--John

                    Kim Woodbridge

                    <woodbridge@email        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    .chop.edu>               cc:

                                             Subject:     Newbie Cold Fusion Studio
Question
                    08/23/2000 01:43

                    PM

                    Please respond to

                    cf-talk

Hello,

I am trying to set up Cold Fusion Studio in order to view and alter
.cfm files created by our main IS department.  I have set up the
Developmental Mappings properly and have created a very simple file from
an example in the Studio documentation.

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Call Department</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<STRONG>Call Department</STRONG>
<!--- Set all variables --->
<CFSET Department="Sales">
<CFSET City="Boston">
<CFSET Salary="110000"
<!--- Display results --->
<CFOUTPUT>
I'd like to talk to someone in #Department# in #city# who earns at
least #Salary#.
</CFOUTPUT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

When I view this in my browser it shows #Department# etc. rather than
filling in the variables.  Does anyone know what I may have not
configured properly or what I am missing here.

I am not running Cold Fusion Server but am using the Microsoft Personal
Server for Windows 95.

Thanks in advance.

Kim A. Woodbridge
Web Developer