Kurt

How much raw data are we talking about?

Why not use the Sybase jdbc driver or Macromedia's jdbc driver for
Sybase?

You could do a query of the remote Sybase db and cache it on your CF
server.

Depending on what is used on the internal server (do they have CFMX) to
update the Sybase db, it could trigger a cache refresh on your server.

Doing it this way you avoid duplication & synchronization of the db
copy.

If you must replicate the db, you prolly can use the Sybase and
SQL-Server functions provided for this purpose.

Depending on what is running on the internal system, you could write a
program to provide the data to a web service running on your system.  I
would use a thinArray to eliiminate the XML overhead.

HTH

Dick