Ok, thank all of you for your book suggestions. Unfortunately Flash
Remoting is not an option I have available (which makes things very
interesting). I am still trying to get a grip on writing ColdFusion
webservices that are accessible via Flash. I have no problems getting
results our of CF itself when testing these webservices, but Flash
doesn't like something and I'm not sure what it is.

I have a services gateway bridging a CFC object that I have created.
Pretty simple what I'm trying to start with really. My webservice init()
invokes an object, initializes it by my passing an ID, which in turn
calls a query to populate the object. Within my gateway (the ws) I then
copy the object's properties to a simple struct, which I then return.
Testing this on a CFM page shows me the necessary results. Calling the
same init() method with Flash, however, gives me the following log in my
output panel:

9/1 8:0:5 [INFO] : Creating stub for
http://192.168.44.45/seacrets04/system/com/seacrets/restaurant/detailservice.cfc?wsdl
9/1 8:0:5 [INFO] WSDL: Creating WSDL object for
http://192.168.44.45/seacrets04/system/com/seacrets/restaurant/detailservice.cfc?wsdl
9/1 8:0:5 [INFO] XMLSchema: Registering schema namespace:
http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema
9/1 8:0:5 [INFO] XMLSchema: Registering schema namespace:
http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema
9/1 8:0:5 [INFO] XMLSchema: Registering schema namespace:
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema
9/1 8:0:5 [INFO] XMLSchema: Registering schema namespace:
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/
9/1 8:0:5 [INFO] XMLSchema: Registering schema namespace:
http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap
9/1 8:0:5 [INFO] XMLSchema: Registering schema namespace:
http://rpc.xml.coldfusion
9/1 8:0:5 [INFO] WSDL: Successfully created WSDL object
9/1 8:0:5 [INFO] : Created stub for
http://192.168.44.45/seacrets04/system/com/seacrets/restaurant/detailservice.cfc?wsdl
11
9/1 8:0:5 [INFO] : Queing call getDetail
9/1 8:0:6 [INFO] WSDL: Received WSDL document from the remote service
9/1 8:0:6 [INFO] WSDL: Parsed WSDL XML [0 millis]
9/1 8:0:6 [INFO] : Faulting previously queued call getDetail
undefined,Faulty WSDL format

Very frustrating really. I get a very similar response if I replace the
init() method contents with the actual query and just try to return the
query object. Anyone have any ideas whatsoever? Can anyone point me to a
quality tutorial on the subject? Anything...

Cutter