Hi Ian
I use ANT http://ant.apache.org, where you can see the whole
documentation of what you have to do (you might need to add more a
java library for FTP but I am not sure)

The basic process is to add a build.xml to the root of your project
and add the comans in there something along the lines of:

<project name="myProj" default="ftp" basedir=".">
<property name="ftpserver" value="ftp.myserver.com" />
<property name="ftplogin" value="mark" />
<property name="ftppass" value="wotsit" />

<target name="ftp">

<ftp server="${ftpserver}"
remotedir="www/"
       userid="${ftplogin}"
       password="${ftppass}">

    <fileset  file="${build}/test.txt"/>
  </ftp>

</target>

<target name="complete" depends="ftp">
<echo>Finished</echo>
</target>
</project>

Then you right click on it and run an ant task.... it goes off and does it

And can do MANY more things, including sending emails and bulding your
whole Java with javadocs and what not (ok.. eclipse does that anyways)

Hope that helps

Regards

Mark Drew