Looks like there's a hole in their site that'll allow a user to grab the
account of another. This should provide enough information  to send an email
and get the CC info. I expect that the email that was sent can be examined
to show that it did not originate at the original site.
1. forge an account id to get access to anothers account
2. use this to get information such as account number, order number and
email.
3. send email to hacked user and ask for the CC info.
4. make money


Fix:
1. check the original email for source
2. Contact the FBI with the information
3. Get someone to look through the site for holes.
4. Fix the holes

  _____  

From: Ray Champagne [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 1:18 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Security gurus out there?

We got an email from a guy that has a security problem, and I am just not
confident enough in my skills to be able to help him out.  I am also
swamped with so much work that even if I was able, we cannot take this
on.  I told him that I might have a resource to get him the answers he
needs...

Here is the email.  Pls contact me if you feel you are the right man (or
woman) for the job.  This job is in no way associated with CrystalVision
(my company), so I have no other information other than what you see
below.  Contact me offlist, and I will forward your name to him.

Thanks!

Ray
([EMAIL PROTECTED])
-------------------------
Our website is <http://www.dcyoungpro.com>www.dcyoungpro.com.
>>
>>Yesterday, somebody emailed our customers after they purchased tickets
>>through our website.
>>
>>The email mentioned the customer's transaction number, and requested the
>>customer send them their credit card PIN or their order would be voided.
>>
>>The email address claimed to be us, but was not, of course.
>>
>>We think that the cause of this may be a hold in our cfm scripts, perhaps
>>something that would allow unauthorized access or that is not properly
>>secured to prevent break-ins.
>>
>>What would you charge to review our cfm scripts for this, and how long
>>would this take you?  Do you have any other suggestions for addressing
this?
>>
>>We have already notified the FBI and the offender's ISP.

=============================================
Ray Champagne - Senior Application Developer
CrystalVision Web Site Design and Internet Services
603.433.9559
www.crystalvision.org
=============================================

The information contained in this transmission (including any attached
files) is CONFIDENTIAL and is intended only for the person(s) named
above. If you received this transmission in error, please delete it
from your system and notify us immediately. If you are not an intended
recipient, please note that any use or dissemination of the information
contained in this transmission (including any attached files) and the
copying, printing, or retransmission of that information is strictly
prohibited. You can notify us by return email or by phone at 603.433.9559.
Thank you.
  _____
[Todays Threads] [This Message] [Subscription] [Fast Unsubscribe] [User Settings] [Donations and Support]

Reply via email to