> If I'm logged onto my local machine in the local domain, is
> there a way that ColdFusion can identify my username?
>
> Is there a way of identifying if the user is logged onto the
> local domain already? And who the user is?
>
> Basically, I want to avoid making users log on to an internal
> system, and for the system to identify the person automatically.

If you're using Windows and Internet Explorer on your client machines, and
IIS on your server, and the clients and server are within the same domain,
you can configure IE to automatically provide domain login credentials to
IIS, which can then be accessed via CGI or CFLOGIN within CFMX.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
phone: 202-797-5496
fax: 202-797-5444