I know I've seen this on a list before but couldn't remember where.  When displaying or using the cfquery.columnList variable, the columns are automatically sorted in alphanumeric order.  Is there any way to retrieve the columnlist in the order it was returned by SQL-Server -- which is the order as it is defined in the table to begin with?  In otherwords, is there a way to tell <cfquery> to NOT sort the columnNames for the columnList variable?

thanks in advance,

mark