I have two sites, running on two separate servers (both Windows 2000 /
CF 5.0) where all of a sudden cftoken isn't being set for the clients.
I can certainly use something else to generate a uniqueID but my
question is why all of a sudden in 2 working apps on 2 servers is this
problem coming up?

On both applications I'm using it to create a UniqueID for a record
insert - error messages are like this:

<cfset UniqueID = Now()+#Session.CFTOKEN#>

Error resolving parameter SESSION.CFTOKEN

The session variable CFTOKEN does not exist. The cause of this error is very
likely one of the following things:

The name of the session variable has been misspelled.
The session variable has not yet been created.
The session variable has timed out.

It should be noted that both of these applications have been working
fine for almost a year now.  Here's the corresponding cfapplication
tage on this one:

<cfapplication name="JDB"
  clientmanagement="Yes"
  sessionmanagement="Yes"
  clientstorage="CFSTore"
  SessionTimeout="#CreateTimeSpan(0,0,30,0)#"
  ApplicationTimeout="#CreateTimeSpan(0,2,0,0)#"
  SetClientCookies="Yes"

The other application with the same errors is:

<cfapplication name="ProFile"
  clientmanagement="Yes"
  sessionmanagement="Yes"
  clientstorage="pfrClientStore"
  SessionTimeout="#CreateTimeSpan(0,0,30,0)#"
  ApplicationTimeout="#CreateTimeSpan(0,2,0,0)#"
  SetClientCookies="No"

Steve