On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 09:04:48 -0400, joe velez
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> i, too, would like to become rhce, as soon as time and $ allow.
>
> ok its probably very easy for you guys...
>
> how do you create a new ftp user from the command line?
>
> i looked all over rh, some other forums, and only found 1 useful post, but it was in the GUI which is fine since im developing on my box, but when i have remote access in the future i need to know how to do this.
>
> i tried
> #  useradd -d /var/www/html -p [MYPASSWORD] [USERNAME]
>
> this creates a user ok, but no ftp access.

What FTP program are you using? The above line will create a user for
the operating system, but since ftp is simply a program/daemon that
runs on top of the OS, you are going to need to use either a command
specific for the ftp program or edit the config script for the ftp
app.

--
chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd