From: Dave Watts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 12:59:21 -0400
Subject: RE: RDS Server has stopped working...
To: CF-Talk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> If it was my server I would, but I just can't bring my self
> to tell the client to leave a floppy disk in the server.

No, I agree, it's a terrible solution. What you might consider doing,
instead, is running CF as a user who doesn't have rights to removable media.
If you're using CF 5 or previous versions, RDS runs as a separate service;
if you're using CFMX, it runs within the context of the CF service.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
phone: 202-797-5496