>>Some Mac IE 5.1 users are having issues seeing images that are called from a
non-web accessibnle directory using CFCONTENT.

I had a similar problem a few days ago. I think the problem came from having \ istead of / in the url.
Doesn't bother IE 6 on Windows, but others don't like.
If you're using the same variable FullNonWebAccessibleFilePath bothe in CFCONTENT anf the url,
one of them does not contain correct slashes.