>But then wouldn't I be writing an entry in the pollDB for every time that it's answered?
>So, when I make a poll, I write an entry for every different option/answer available.  Then I also write an entry for every answer made?  Am I understanding correctly?
>It doesn't seem like a good use of DB space but I'm new to all this.

Your right if you stored responses in a seperate table you would end up with a data set that included every response to every poll.  If you had 4 polls and each got 100 votes you would have a table that had 4 hundred entries.  The good side of this is you can now store the date of each response and if you want too you could store a persons comments.  By doing this way you would be able to capture more information than just the normal poll outcomes.

The alternative is to simply increment the "vote count" of each option.