We are having trouble getting our mail through to AOL members and they are
being, at the least, unhelpful.  We have two whitelisted servers, and have
an active feedback loop where we remove people who want to be removed, and
yet they still continue to block us.  They remove the blocks when we ask
them to, but it takes 48-72 hours and worse, I don't know about until AFTER
we get a bunch of undeliverables and our subscribers complain because
they're not getting their e-mail.

I want to be proactive.  So, I figured I can connect to their server and
send an e-mail to my own AOL address and look for the responses.  If I get
the response showing that a particular url in my content is blocked, then I
switch URL's for all my e-mails that go out.  I would probably create a
scheduled task to run, say, every hour, to check this and modify my URL's
appropriately.  Then when I see something blocked, it would automatically
fire off an e-mail to their postmaster support, copying me, and asking them
to remove the block.

Well, that's what I need. :)  You asked.  ;-)

Thanks,

Dave

  _____