When oracle is installed you define a service name / SID for the
database. It would be the same value you put into your TNS file.

-Adam

----- Original Message -----
From: Bob Flynn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 17:36:56 -0500
Subject: Setting up Oracle datasource in MX
To: CF-Talk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I understand that you can set up an Oracle datasource on CFMX6.1 without
having the Oracle client tools installed on the server. I'm not CF server
admin, but am trying to walk my admins through it. It is much easier to get
them to add a datasource than it is to get them to download a package like
that and install it on the server.

The Oracle datasource screen in CF Admin asks for the SID name. Normally I
would point to the alias in my tsnames.ora file. If that file does not
exist, what do I fill in there?

Guidance and online resources appreciated.

Regards,

Bob