How true is the following statement? :

[quote]

If you use a _javascript_ form submit button, you have to make sure your
form variables dont get too large because the _javascript_ function
passes the input to the action page using the GET method, and the
total length of a URL and all the URL Variables is limited.   If you
have a very large amount of form input, you had better use HTML submit
buttons and the POST method

[/quote]

Is this true?   Its brought about by an application I'm working on
where we might have a hidden form field with as many as 40,000 userIDs
passed to the action page in a comma delimited list.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks