Don, it's good to hear someone bring this subject up.

We're about to go to Public Beta with our new product named Plum (Practical
Lightweight Universal Methodology) that addresses each of the issues you
mention, plus a ton more.

I put a little temporary info about it (and a RoboDemo link of the New Plum
Project Wizard at the bottom of the page) here:

http://www.productivityenhancement.com/plum/WhatPlumCanDo.cfm

We go into Public Beta on the 28th.  There will be more info available then.

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis
Member of Team Macromedia

Advanced Intensive Training:
* C# & ASP.NET for ColdFusion Developers
* ColdFusion MX Master Class
* Advanced Development with CFMX and SQL Server 2000
http://www.ColdFusionTraining.com

Download CommerceBlocks V2.1 and LoRCAT from
http://www.ProductivityEnhancement.com

The ColdFusion MX Bible is in bookstores now!