I think I mentioned this in a previous post..

If you are using an idea of one table row per language idea you have a
root table that defines an article (no matter what language and/or
version) with the ID:

ContentID, Type
5, Article

A join table that defines the link to the content
ContentID, ItemID, Lang
5,1, EN
5,2,CY
5,4,FR

Then you have the Item table along the lines of
ItemID, Title, Content
1, A title in English, Some content
2, A title in Welsh, some content in welsh
3, A title in english, not related to content 5
4, A title en Francaise, the content in french

Then you create some method (function or whatever programming language
you use) that   gets the content
e,g,
getContent(id, type, language)

the id passed in gets ALL language versions of that via the join
table, the type (if required) gets all articles (there might be
differetn content associated with this item) and the language to get
that version only

Hope that helps

MD