thanks but it is not helping, here is my stored proc and the error msg I receive

CREATE PROCEDURE GetMonthlyJoins AS

DECLARE
@MONTH varchar(3),
@MONTHNBR  int,
@YEAR  int,
@did    datetime,
@count  int,
@likevar varchar(25)

IF object_id('#MonthlyJoins') is not null
BEGIN
TRUNCATE TABLE #MonthyJoins;
END
ELSE
BEGIN
  CREATE TABLE #MonthyJoins
  (
  rptmonth varchar(3),
  rptmonthnbr int,
  rptyear int,
  total int
  );
END

DECLARE didCursor cursor local static

FOR
SELECT DISTINCT rptdate
FROM ALL_DAILY_TOTALS
WHERE convert(varchar(10),rptdate,101) like '%/01/%'
ORDER BY rptdate

open didCursor

fetch didCursor into @did

WHILE @@fetch_status=0
BEGIN

SET @year = (SELECT DATEPART(year, @did))
SET @month =(SELECT UPPER(LEFT(DATENAME(month, @did),3)))
SET @monthnbr =(SELECT   MONTH(@did))

SELECT @count=COUNT(*)
FROM avectraprod.dbo.persondemographic(nolock)
WHERE demographicgroupid =4
AND demographicitemid =7
AND demographicvaluedesc LIKE @month+'%'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'%'

INSERT INTO #MonthyJoins
( rptmonth,rptmonthnbr,rptyear, total )
VALUES
(@month,@monthnbr,@year,@count)

fetch next FROM didCursor into @did

END

close didCursor

deallocate didCursor

SELECT * FROM #MonthyJoins

GO

Error Message:
Server: Msg 245, Level 16, State 1, Procedure GetMonthlyJoins, Line 51
Syntax error converting the varchar value 'FEB%' to a column of data type int.