here is the function.
It like that fuction is working, but only problem I am having that I need to change the value in the textarea as well so user can see that what his output will be.
And those textarea(s) are dynamic.
so I am passing two values to the function. rcv=what ever they typed and
nm = the name of the textarea

now when I do dest = removebr that should be

document.theForm.story1.value = removebr

and its not working. is there anyother way to do the same????

function Remove(rcv, nm){
dest = "document.theForm." + nm + ".value";
removebr = rcv.replace(/[\n\r]/g," ");
dest = removebr;
alert("this is dest\n" + dest);
}