Hi Everyone.

I have been speaking someone at Macromedia about getting a mailing
list set up to alert users about Hot-fixes, and the reason that was
given for not have a list was, and I quote:

"With hotfixes, we recommend that you install them only if you need
them. Unlike security bulletins, we expect people to look for a hotfix
to solve a specific problem - not to install every hotfix."

Personally I think this sounds very strange as bug fix is a bug fix
whether you need it or not. Ok I agree that unless you are suffering
from the problem caused by the bug, you are not going to benefit from
the fix straight away, but surely it is still better to have the fix
installed and the bug removed than leave the bug there only to fall
over it some time down the line.

What does everyone else think?

Andrew.