It should look something like:

INSERT INTO table (datecolumn,...)
VALUES (
  <cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_timestamp" value="#myvar#"
null="#YesNoFormat(NOT Len(myvar))#">,
)

Where myvar holds the date/time value and you want to insert null if it
is empty.

If you want to insert null if mycondition is false :
VALUES (
  <cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_timestamp" value="#myvar#"
null="#YesNoFormat(NOT mycondition)#">,
)
Just make sure that myvar always exists (it will be ignored if
mycondition is false.

Pascal