> Can anyone point me to a good resource on XML and CFML,
> specifically on setting up to receive an outside XML
> transmission? Conceptually I'm a bit confused as to how to go
> about doing this. I am familiar with sending XML, and parsing
> the cfhttp.filecontent, and am setting up a page that will
> parse an incoming outside XML feed.
>
> I should be able to just provide a url to someone to post
> their xml to and be able to parse it without having to have
> them call a web service or something like that right?

I don't know offhand of any specific resources that cover using XML within
CFML, other than the CF documentation. That said, there simply isn't that
much to it. If you want to receive XML, you receive it like you'd receive
anything else - it's just text. You don't need to use a web services
standard like SOAP or XML-RPC to do this, either.

Usually, when people use HTTP POST to send XML, they send the XML as the
HTTP request body, rather than within a form variable. You can access this
by using the GetHTTPRequestData function.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
phone: 202-797-5496
fax: 202-797-5444