You just have to be more specific...

body { color:red; }
html body { color:green; }

your text will be green because the 2nd selector is more specific. If
you wanted to be even more specific:

html>body { color:blue; }

but the direct descendant selector only works in newer browsers
(firefox, etc.).

Here's an idea, why not do:

so if your page is "/files/folder/mypage.cfm", it should output <body
class="mypage">, then you just use the class on the selector...

body.page { color:pink; }

good luck

-nathan strutz
http://www.dopefly.com/