I am considering giving a department their own ColdFusion instance.
Each department can create all their CF apps in one instance.
For example:

\WebApps
\WebApps\deptA-ear
\WebApps\deptA-ear\cfapp1-war
\WebApps\deptA-ear\cfapp2-war
\WebApps\deptB-ear
\WebApps\deptB-ear\cfusion-war
etc.

I was under the impression that ColdFusion MX was a certified J2EE
application.
So I would presume that so long as each *.war has a unique context root,
this would work fine, right?

I do not understand the J2EE framework well enough.

So far, it appears that I can run two ColdFusion *.ear under one JRun 4
instance.
I am able to access the CF Administrator for each ColdFusion *.ear.

I wonder how this will work with Flash Remote?

Thanks,
Troy