Not sure I get what you mean by lost accidentally.

Adding an onscreen note to the logged-off individual effectively takes
care of help desk issues.

"You have been logged off because another user has logged on with your
credentials at another workstation.  You may wish to call Security, or
your mommy, or both"

Then the admins, if informed of the dupe login, can use their who's on
viewer to see where the other workstation is, or force them off the
system immediately themselves via an administrative logoff.

Thats assuming a high-security environment.  Generally it just means
the user says 'oops', or comes back to their previous wkstn and says
'oops' and closes the window.

As for 2-browsers-one-login, that shouldn't be a problem.  You just
open a link in a new window (or your app does it automatically).  A
user still has his/her identical cfid and cftoken per workstation, be
it a stored or session cookie (unless they close all windows, in which
case they have a new problem).  I dropped using session cookies from
my system default for this reason.  Too much of a pain, but I let the
developer select it if they are a glutton for punishment.

You ought to look at a tabbed browser for multiple windows.  Been
using NetCaptor for years, but MaxThon is arguably better and free,
and then there's FireFox.

--
--Matt Robertson--
President, Janitor