On 8/25/00, JL penned:
>then do you ever get timeout?
>if you compare the client.lastvisit with now(), it will never GTE 30 because
>client.LastVisit is always updated before you excute this piece of code.
>
>I use client management too...

I use this which deletes all client variables if they haven't been
accessed in 30 minutes:

<CFIF not isDefined('client.initialize_session')>
<cfset client.initialize_session = now()>
<cfelse>
<cfset app_timeout = now() - createtimespan(0,0,30,0)>
     <CFIF client.initialize_session GTE app_timeout>
     <cfset client.initialize_session = now()>
     <CFELSE>
     <cfset clientlist = GetClientVariablesList()>
         <cfloop index="i" list="#clientlist#">
            <cfset temp = DeleteClientVariable('#i#')>
         </cfloop>
         <cfset client.initialize_session = now()>
     </CFIF>
</CFIF>
--

Bud Schneehagen - Tropical Web Creations

ColdFusion Solutions / eCommerce Development
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.twcreations.com/
954.721.3452