From: Milks, Jim [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, 25 August 2000 12:39 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Yet another filesize question

Hi All,
I know there has been a lot of talk about this subject lately, but none of
the threads directly answered my question. I know that I can determine a
file's size AFTER it has been uploaded, but I would like to prevent someone
from uploading a 100MB file, and then have to delete it after it has bogged
down the server.

Once I have selected a file to upload with a FILE input, can I determine the
value of the path to the selected file in order to do a CFDIRECTORY on the
path and determine the size, thus preventing the upload all together? Maybe
with Perl or JavaScript?

Thanks in advance,

James

the body.