Set it to NULL.

   _____

From: Daniel Kessler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 04 October 2004 14:25
To: CF-Talk
Subject: no end date

I have a calendar of events.  All events have a start date/time, but
many of them don't have an end date/time.  I can work around this by
setting an obviously incorrect end date and checking for it (i.e.
12.17.66, my wife's birthday).  However, I'd prefer to not set a date
if there isn't one and check for that instead.

So, what's the proper way of having no end date in the database?
Also since this is editable information, I may have an entry with a
date and need to set it to null or "no end date" so any suggestion
should take this into account.

I'm using the latest, greatest Oracle.

good morning, and thanks.

--
Daniel Kessler

Department of Public and Community Health
University of Maryland
Suite 2387 Valley Drive
College Park, MD  20742-2611
301-405-2545 Phone