Has anyone ever installed CF under this configuration?

I have installed several ColdFusion instances on top of JRun and connected each instance to a respective IIS web site.

I then created a custom jvm.config file for one of the instances and set -XX:MaxPermSize=256m. I set up a new Windows Service that starts the JRun instance using the custom jvm.config file.

To test this memory setting, I created a malicious file called fork.cfm and placed it on the server:

<cffunction name="fork">
  Forking...<br />
  <cfset fork()>
  <cfset fork()>
</cffunction>
<cfset fork()>

As you can see that should cause memory problems on the server (which it does).

To test this setting, a couple of people on my team refreshed the daylights out of this script from browers on our local machines, and I watched the Windows Processes on the server. The amount of memory displayed for that particluar jrun.exe instance went well past 256 MB, and topped out somewhere near 400 MB.

If I set the JRun instance to only use 256 MB, why would the Windows Process top out at 400 MB? Does IIS have a mind of its own in this configuration, and did JRun actually stop at 256 MB even though Windows thought it was processing 400 MB?

Of course, Macromedia is unwilling to help me out unless I break out a credit card, which I am trying to avoid.

I'm asking you guys and several other lists. For sake of documentation, if this gets answered elsewhere, I'll be sure to post my findings here!

Thanks for any insights you can provide.