Our test server is a lowly Compaq ProLiant 1600 single processor 450 MHZ machine with 512 mb of RAM, which will soon be upgraded to it's max of 1 GB of RAM.

The mobo is upgradable to dual processors, and the processors are pretty cheap for such a vintage machine.

What kind of performance benefit can I expect from this upgrade in a typical intranet CF project with LOTS of queries?

It is likely as simple as "more is better", but I would like to understand the relationship if possible!

OS is Win2k3 Server.

Thanks
Tim