Thanks, Dave. That's what I thought, but its bad news because the fix
is not a simple one in this case.   The guy before me who wrote the
code I'm trying to fix figured the best way to do logic was to emulate
emulate ivy - have it running everywhere and looping around on itself,
back and forth.  For him, more code was better than less, and if one
CFIF statement was good, then a dozen must be terrific.

(sigh)

Thanks a lot anyway.

Cheers
Mike Kear