Just to add a little insight to the thiread. I usually push all my
email through the SMTP of IIS because CF doesnt deal very well when it
can reach its SMTP server. It basically tries to send an email once,
if it can't connect to the SMTP server it fails and marks the mail as
undelivered.

By sending to the local IIS SMTP, CF is pretty much gauranteed to send
the mail. IIS SMTP is much more flexible in its relaying options (ie
you can specify how often and how many times it attempts to send mail
before failing).

-Adam