From: Tangorre, Michael [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 19 October 2004 15:18
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Field Naming

> From: Robertson-Ravo, Neil (RX)
>
> Again, its all personal choice.  I usually steer well clear
> of underscores as a rule as it can be hard to distinguish
> between multiple underscores..

Out of the following, I find option 1 to be the easiest to read.

APPLICATION_USER
APPLICATION-USER
ApplicationUser
tblApplicationUser

Prefixing table names with tbl is a waste in my opinion. Say you have 10
tables all starting with tbl, you have to start at the 4th character to
identify which table you are looking for. Not a major slow down, but
when you have DBs with hundreds of tables, this can add up.

As many have stated, database naming conventions often lead to list
wars, to each his own is probably the best convention. :-)

Mike