> Dave, if I need a separate server for the Verity collection,
> doesn't that undermine my reasons for using a clustered
> server environment in the first place? I mean, if that Verity
> server failed, I have no failover redundancy. I haven't read
> the K2 documentation yet; am I unclear about the server
> configuration you're recommending?

You're correct. If the server running K2 failed, you wouldn't have any
redundancy. However, that may not be an issue for several reasons. One is
that the K2 server isn't as likely to fail as a web/application server.
Another is that search functionality may not be mission-critical. Finally,
even if it does fail, you won't have the same issues that you would if a web
user's session failed and you lost session-specific data.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
phone: 202-797-5496
fax: 202-797-5444