Hi Andy,

NTL use a plethora of networking tricks to enable them to host more people
than they have IP addresses. Can you say multi layered NAT based on region?
Secondly, they use a whole host of transparent proxies to speed up Internet
access for their users (this only works on port 80)....

If you want to bypass the transparent caching proxies then you will have to
find a public proxy that you can tell IE to use instead of attempting to
access the sites you are looking at directly.

Thing is, figuring out your actual IP address on NTL is a bit of a
non-started what with the transparent proxies and multi layered NAT masking
it almost beyond hope.. Bypassing these with a proxy and running the tests
will report the proxies IP address...

BTW... NTLs broadband speed upgrades should be almost finished by now.. They
tell me I'm on 1.5Mbps at home... Funny... Looks to me like 1Mbps still...
Ho hum... More waiting on their customer support lines I guess...

Some useful info about NTL networks is here....

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/index.html

HTH

Paul